Steps on how to put on a wetsuit for your triathlon and open water swim training or competitions! Give yourself plenty of time and put on a dry body over a swim suit
- Insert one arm at a time into the wetsuit and pull it up from the wrist to the shoulder.
- Stretch your arms up and keep pulling the wetsuit up. Flexibility and range of motion can be helpful.
- Squat a couple of times to stretch your upper and lower body.
- Once the wetsuit is on, zip it up using the cord in the back.
- If you are outdoors, put on the wetsuit in the shade to avoid overheating.
Instructions for Wetsuit Removal:
- First, unzip the wetsuit.
- Pull the wetsuit off one arm at a time, turning the sleeve inside out as you go.
- Work the wetsuit over your hips and down your legs.
- Take care not to damage the wetsuit by pulling too hard or snagging it on jewelry or sharp objects.
- Once the wetsuit is off, rinse it with fresh water and hang it up to dry.
Join Our Awesome Newsletter!
When you sign up for our free newsletter, you’ll receive a weekly publication jam-packed with Health, Fitness and Performance Advice PLUS you'll receive a special 33% discount code to our Training Plans on Training Peaks and other exclusive sponsor deals! What are you waiting for!? Add your email below and click Subscribe.