I’ve heard many excuses when it comes to why someone missed a workout or made a poor choice for a meal. I’ve put together a list of the most common excuses I’ve received.
“I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” Florence Nightingale
• I have no time
• I got off work late
• School/studyingI’m too busy
• My alarm didn’t go off
For the time-related excuses, you need to understand where you are spending your time and then work out a way to fit in exercise. If it’s really important to you, then you should be able to find time somewhere in your day, even if it’s when you’d usually be asleep. We all have the same amount of time; the key is how we choose to spend it
• It’s raining
• It’s too cold
• It’s too hot
• It’s windy
For those who complain about the weather, it is quite rare that it is ever perfect. Proper clothing for outdoors or use of indoor facilities can eliminate these excuses.
• I don’t want to/can’t take time away from family
• My kids are sick
• Working late and trying to keep a semblance of a dinner time for my family.
Look at schedules and get the family active and involved with you. As far as finances, there are plenty of things you can do for free or within a limited budget. The bigger question is can you afford not to do it?When it comes to family, friends, finances, and travel, it’s important to communicate clearly, discuss possible compromises and have a plan in place.
• I can’t afford it
• I travel so much, I can’t keep a regular schedule
People tend to find plenty of money for daily coffee or weekly wine. Travel is really never a good excuse because there are many exercises you can do in your hotel room. Plenty of hotels have good gyms. Walking does not require much preparation or facility
• I don’t know where to start (just move)
• I don’t have the right gear or clothes (any clothing is fine)
• I am too old (it is never to late to start)
• My car won’t start (go for a walk or bike ride)
• I’m too stressed (exercise is the best way to relieve stress)
• My training partner is injured, so I missed my workout (you can workout alone)
Check out Beachbody on Demand to steam over 20 different workout programs from your TV, computer or phone.
What is the one thing you need to overcome in 2018 that has been holding you back and will allow you to take it to the next level?
Check out Healthy Dinners For Kids
What is your excuse? Call and leave us a voicemail
Join Our Awesome Newsletter!
Weekly Health, Fitness and Performance Help for Endurance Athletes and Fitness Fanatics!
PLUS - Receive a FREE copy of Wendy Mader's "2018 Action Plan" to help you achieve greater success in your personal, professional and athletic endeavors! Enter your email below.